The housing issue is relevant for modern man. The purchase of a new apartment can cost a considerable amount, and utility payments are growing every month. The best option in this case is to build your own house. This will later save money, and leave housing for future generations. If you need a layout of a two-storey house 6 by 6 m, the drawing can be found on the Internet or ordered from a specialist.
Contents 1 Advantages of planning 6 to 6 m 2 Features of the layout and layout of rooms 2.1 Classical version of the layout of the first floor 2.2 Layout of the second floor 3 Porch or terrace layout 4 Common mistakes when planning a house 5 The plan of a two-storey house 6 on 6 m: a choice of a material for building 5.1 A house made of stone or concrete 5.2 Advantages and disadvantages of a wooden house 6 Layout of a two-storey house 6 by 6 m: main stages
Advantages of planning 6 to 6 m
House size of 6 to 6 m – the best option for organizing housing space for comfortable accommodation of the whole family. If it is competent to make an internal breakdown, it can be achieved that the area of useful space will be 70 m². A two-story variant of the layout will allow placing a large number of rooms of different purposes inside the building.
In addition, when planning a two-storey house 6×6 m you will save considerable money. After all, the larger the area, the higher the construction costs, and the 6-by-6 format is an excellent option for the ratio of the price and the resulting useful area of the house.
Features of the layout and layout of rooms
This format of the residential house implies a virtually complete absence of corridors. This means that you will have more free space for living rooms, and also do not have to mount too long communications. In this case, you can easily divide the space into functional areas due to walls and partitions , and two floors give the possibility to allocate the active and passive parts. Under the active part of the house is usually meant a living room and kitchen, and under the passive – a bedroom, bathroom and other personal premises.
When planning a two-storey house 6×6 m on the ground floor, usually have a dining room, lounge, living room and other common areas. On the ground floor it is customary to receive guests, hold family holidays and business meetings. The second floor is a private space. If you plan to live in a house together, then you can place one large bedroom, and in the case of a large family – several private rooms.
Classical version of the layout of the first floor
From the hallway, located on the first floor, there must be access to the bathroom and stairs to the second floor. For a small partition or a wall, you can arrange a kitchen, a dining room and a living room. It is best if these rooms are separated only with furniture, which will create a sense of space, an illusion of space of a larger area than there really is. To place the kitchen is as close as possible to the hallway, so that it does not need to go through the whole floor.
Helpful advice! The best option is to place the bathroom close to the kitchen. This will make it possible to use the same communications for the two rooms.
It is better to have a staircase near the hallway and separate it with a partition. So people climbing or descending the stairs, will not disturb anyone, and in the living room you can create a secluded and cozy atmosphere.
The complexity of planning a two-story house 6×6 is that on the first floor you need to arrange a large number of rooms. If you are planning to do an autonomous heating system, you need to consider the need for a boiler room as well. This also includes a pantry, a vestibule and much more for your taste.
The most acceptable version of the bathroom is a combined one, up to 3 m². This place is quite enough to install a toilet, a washbasin and a shower cubicle or a bath.
For the tambour is also enough for only 1 m², but the hallway should be done more – 2-2,5 m². In this room, several guests will be free to turn around, but it will not take up too much space near the main square of the ground floor.
On what it is not necessary to save, so it is in the kitchen. The optimal area of this room is 8-10 m². In this case, it will be possible not only to cook comfortably with comfort, but also to use it as a canteen. And if you buy built-in furniture for the kitchen, it will help to win a little more space.
On the first floor you can also place a small bedroom, which, if necessary, can serve as a guest room or as a nursery.
Also, when planning a two-story 6×6 house, the correct arrangement of the windows in the rooms is very important. For example, for a bedroom, they should go out to the sunny side – so you not only create a cozy atmosphere in the room, but also save on lighting.
Layout of the second floor
The area of a single-storey house is 6 to 6 less than the average apartment, therefore it is much more expedient to build a house in two floors. If the layout is properly organized, such a structure can safely accommodate a family of 4-5 people.
It is recommended to begin the planning of a two-storey house 6×6 immediately from the second floor. First, you need to break the entire floor into three conventional parts. The first of them is the corridor, which you get to when you climb the stairs. From this corridor there should be free access to other premises. As for the location of the corridor, there may be two options:
- Exactly in the center of the floor – if the rooms are planned to be the same in size.
- A bit to the side of the center – with different areas of premises.
Helpful advice! If you are planning a corridor for the entire length of the floor, it is necessary to take into account that its length will be 5-6 m. To save space in the bedroom at the end of the corridor, you can place a pantry or a small dressing room.
The second floor of a private house is the so-called passive zone. It usually has two bedrooms. If you have a child in the family, then one of the bedrooms can also serve as a nursery.
If you live alone or alone, you can easily make a comfortable office from the second room. Due to the fact that it will be located on the second floor and isolated from the core, not only by ceilings, but also by a corridor, good sound insulation will be created, so you can be sure that even a noisy party on the ground floor will not interfere with your work or sleep. In addition, since the passive zone of the house is restricted from access by unauthorized persons, you can not worry that someone will suddenly invade your personal space.
When planning a two-storey house 6×6 m on the second floor, you can abandon a wide corridor or hall, and instead equip the second bathroom. In order not to pull unnecessary communications, you can do it directly above the bathroom, which is located on the first floor. First, it will give you the opportunity not to go down into the active zone to take a shower or go to the toilet. Secondly, it creates the possibility of separate use of the bathroom by the guests and the owners of the house.
Remember that the arrangement of a bathroom on the second floor is not only convenient, but also quite expensive. This includes buying a second set of plumbing and laying communications, so it is worth several times to think whether it is necessary.
Porch or terrace layout
If you consider the options for planning two-story houses 6 on 6 – a photo of such buildings are widely represented on the network, it is clear that many owners of out-of-town buildings prefer to equip their home with a small terrace or at least a porch. Such a solution has a number of advantages and disadvantages.
Porch is good because it is very convenient to be in inclement weather, and a canopy over it will help to open the front door without problems in the rain. In addition, on the porch you can leave shoes in the warm season. On this, its functionality ends and purely decorative functions begin.
The area of the porch, as a rule, does not exceed 1 m², but you can decorate it as your imagination tells you. Many owners of buildings from wood prefer to make a carved wooden porch, but if your house is made of other material, there is a huge number of various design solutions.
The terrace is a much more functional building element. On its erection much more time and materials are expended than on the porch, but it gives much more advantages. The most popular options for using the terrace are:
- Alcove. Arrange a few comfortable chairs or a bench on the terrace , and you will get a great place to spend time in the fresh air.
- Summer dining room. If you add a dining table to the chairs, you will get a cozy dining room in which it will be pleasant to eat with family, meet guests or celebrate significant dates.
Helpful advice! The terrace can easily be turned into a green arbor. To do this, along its perimeter, you need to pull the thin cords and plant any climbing plants: ivy, grapes, etc.
When studying the methods of planning two-story houses 6 to 6, photo of buildings of this size can be found on the Internet, you can not help noticing that the terrace is not only a functional, but also a decorative element. If you are friends with wood carvings, the terrace can be turned into a real work of art. For horticulturists, planting is a good option – a terrace in greenery and flowers will be a favorite place for rest, communication with relatives, and family celebrations.
Common mistakes when planning a house
There are a number of frequently admitted errors that should be avoided when planning a two-story structure :
- location of communications away from wet areas. This creates additional costs for laying pipes, as well as inconveniences associated with the long length of the trails;
- Living rooms without natural light. Always try to arrange the bedrooms so that they get as much sunlight as possible, which will positively affect your mood and well-being;
- one entrance to the house. Ideally, a private house should have 2-3 entrances, each of which will have a different purpose. So, through the front door you can meet guests, and from the yard you can go out to the backyard;
- exit from the bathroom or utility rooms in public areas. This will not only interfere with your guests, but also violate the established sanitary standards;
- neglect of the hallways. For domestic weather conditions, it is very important to have a place in the house where you can change clothes and take off shoes without going into the public zone;
- walk-through living rooms. This layout will create discomfort for you and your guests;
- absence of a pantry or an economic block. It is not necessary to save space at the expense of this room – there must be a room in the building where the household equipment will be stored.
The plan of a two-storey house 6 on 6 m: a choice of a material for building
The modern construction market offers a huge number of different materials for the construction of houses. Their choice depends solely on your financial capabilities and personal preferences. Also, when choosing a material, the functional purpose of the building is of no small importance.
For example, if the house is planned to live all year round, it is worth using massive structures that are capable of providing a high level of thermal insulation, as well as staunchly endure temperature changes, changes in humidity and other natural factors.
A summer house can be built from lighter and cheaper materials. In addition, if the house is not planned to live in the cold season, there is no need for a heating system and a number of other communications.
Below, we will look at various versions of materials for construction with all their advantages and disadvantages.
House with an attic: photos, projects, features of planning. Different layout options. Advantages, disadvantages and peculiarities of planning of a residential attic floor. Create a project yourself. Read more
House made of stone or concrete
Concrete foam blocks are one of the most common materials for building dwellings for all seasons. Foam concrete can boast the following advantages:
- a high level of noise insulation – such a building can be built both in the forest and in a busy holiday village: the thick walls will not get sound from the street, and you can calmly do their own business;
- thermal insulation – concrete walls do not let the cold from the street and hold heat inside the building, so a concrete house is also a saving on heating;
- fire safety – concrete does not burn, therefore the fire safety level of the building from this material will be much higher than that of a wooden one;
- resistance to temperature extremes and corrosion – concrete blocks do not expand and do not shrink when the ambient temperature changes, they tolerate high humidity and do not need additional care after construction.
In addition, to build a building of concrete or stone blocks can quickly and for a relatively small amount. The construction of the entire building can go from two weeks to a month, so if you need to build a house in a short time, concrete blocks are your option.
Another plus of this material is that there is no need for a massive foundation. You can limit yourself to a simple ribbon construction that is quickly mounted, does not require a lot of materials and time to become suitable for further construction.
When planning a two-story house 6×6 of concrete, it is also necessary to take into account the minuses of this material. One of them is the need for additional finishing of concrete walls, since without facing they look quite gray and unpretentious. Fortunately, the use of modern finishing materials can quickly and effectively solve this problem.
With stone blocks, the situation is a bit simpler. Walls made of natural stone look good without additional finishing, so if you need the impression of massiveness and inaccessibility from the house, you should make external walls from natural stone.
Choosing a natural stone as a material for construction, it is worth exploring the various layout options for a two-story house 6 by 6 – photos and projects on the network. You will see that often the walls are not completely made of rough stone blocks. Of these, you can only make the bottom of the wall or just the first floor.
Advantages and disadvantages of a wooden house
The tree is considered to be environmentally friendly and cheap material, so recently it is fashionable to build private houses from it. But this material, like all the others, has a number of shortcomings.
The first of these is an increased fire hazard. The structure of logs or boards is easily ignited and burns well. To avoid this, it is necessary to carry out a special impregnation of the material, which will make it less susceptible to the effects of fire.
Also, special impregnation should be done to protect wood from decay and parasites.
You can build a house from several groups of wooden building materials:
- glued or solid timber;
- round logs;
- sandwich panels.
The most economic option in terms of financial costs and time is a house made of a wooden beam . There are two types of timber – one-piece and profiled. Each of them has its own characteristics, which should be taken into account in the construction.
Profiled bar got its name because it has a profile with crown grooves or thorns. This allows you to build the building out of it quickly and without much effort. In fact, when building a building from a profiled beam you only need to purchase the material and then assemble the house from the finished elements.
The profiled beam has the following advantages:
- such a house will be resistant to deformations, and the features of the material increase the operational characteristics of the walls;
- small construction costs in terms of time and money;
- The walls of profiled beams do not need additional finishing or plating;
- In the interventory seams, moisture does not enter, so there are no foci of decay;
- bar provides a high level of thermal insulation and good protection against blowing.
Among the shortcomings of the material is the following:
- increased flammability;
- the possible occurrence of cracks during the drying of the timber in the warm season, so it is recommended to purchase material that has undergone chamber drying;
- the thickness of the beam is poorly suited for using the house out of it in the cold season, so during construction it is necessary to make additional warming of the walls;
- re-planning or building of a house from a bar is impossible, therefore it is necessary to think over carefully the design of the future building.
The one-piece bar also boasts an affordable price and easy installation. House of it can be easily built on its own and without the use of specialized equipment. Of the minuses is to allocate a low level of thermal insulation, purging seams, susceptibility to decay, a high level of cracking in the warm season.
Helpful advice! If you want your wooden house to stand for several decades, the best material for its construction is dried and specially processed round logs. This is the most durable and resistant to adverse effects of a type of wood materials.
Remember that when planning a two-storey house 6×6 the choice of material is one of the most important moments, since it is on it that many of the operational characteristics of the future construction depend. Also, the type of foundation depends on the material, the need for additional finishing, the complexity of communication and many other points.
The layout of a two-storey house is 6 by 6 m: the main stages
The project of your future home can be entrusted to professionals or create it yourself. In the first case, you are guaranteed to receive a high level of quality, and in the second – exactly the layout that you most like. In any case, to create a quality project, you must perform the following actions:
- Create a detailed diagram-drawing on a sheet of paper. It is very important at the same time to observe all proportions. Ideally, you can schematically designate the location of furniture in the house.
- Determine the number and function of the premises. At this stage, it becomes clear which rooms are better to combine to save space or reduce, and which can, on the contrary, expand.
- Indicate on the drawing the dimensions of each of the rooms taking into account the thickness of the walls and the location of the communications.
- Designate the structure of the roof, the presence and layout of external annexes such as a porch or terrace, the location of windows and doors.
The photo of the layout of the two-storey 6th 6th model house can easily be found on the Internet. Using ready-made schemes can somewhat limit your design fantasy, but it will save you from the risk of making common mistakes.
As for the financial side of the issue, everything depends on a large number of factors. A small private house from a wooden beam can be built for 400-500 thousand rubles, but the building of the blocks will cost you 1-1.5 million. In any case it will be much cheaper and more reliable than an apartment with the same area.
Want to become a better landlord or tenant?
Subscribe to our mailing list and get exclusive updates to your inbox!
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.