Wooden furniture is practical, durable, creates a unique sense of style, comfort and coziness in any home. Among the species of wood, a special place belongs to the pine, which is distinguished by an increased degree of ecological compatibility and external beauty. About the features that the furniture of pine has, the scope of its application and the specifics of manufacturing will tell this article.
Main characteristics of pine furniture
Furniture made of pine is characterized by its versatility, durability, style diversity, external aesthetics and a wide choice of designs and their models. The wardrobe or the suite perfectly fits both in the interior of the living room, and kitchen. This is the perfect furniture for the house and villa. Each of the advantages has its justification:
- The ability to isolate phytoncides – special substances that have antiviral, antibacterial and antihistamine properties.
- In the room with pine furniture there is a pleasant coniferous aroma thanks to the essential oils emitted by the wood.
- High degree of ecological compatibility, as the pine grows in a clean natural zone and does not accumulate harmful substances.
- Easy to care for pine products. Furniture should be polished regularly and dry cleaned.
- The material is resistant to various conditions of humidity and temperature changes, as well as to rotting and the formation of fungi and mold.
- Durability of objects. Like any solid wood furniture, pine products last for a long time and are resistant to mechanical influences.
- Possibility of restoration. Scales, scratches, scrapes and cracks can easily be removed with the help of special tools.
- Harmoniousness. Pine perfectly combines with objects from other materials.
- Various surface coating options. As a treatment, suitable varnish, paint and white wax.
- Ease of processing. Pine is a pliable material that allows you to create objects of different shapes and sizes, including making elegant carvings.
- The possibility of decorating furniture with different materials from textiles.
- Availability. Ready-made simple products can be purchased at a democratic price. Exquisite models will cost an order of magnitude more.
Wooden furniture made of pine: distinctive features and disadvantages
Pine furniture is distinguished by a special structure of wood. Its texture is clearly expressed, it can clearly see the annual rings, and the natural light color changes under the influence of the sun. The material becomes dark yellow. The density of pine is directly influenced by its growth.
Helpful advice! When buying material, you should pay attention to the location of the annual rings. The smaller the distance between them, the more durable and durable is the material.
Furniture from Karelian pine has a more dense structure, since the tree grows in a harsh climate and has a short vegetation period. These factors contribute to the fact that the structure of the material consists of thin layers. The density of pine species from Karelia is 1.5 times higher than that of other species of this coniferous species.
With all the numerous advantages that pine furniture possesses, one should also mention the shortcomings that are also available:
- pine – a massive material, which excludes its use in high-rise buildings with weak overlapping;
- the service life is reduced if the drying technology is not observed;
- Furniture should be located away from heat sources and do not allow direct sunlight to hit it to avoid resin precipitation;
- low grades of wood are easily amenable to damage;
- Exclusive models and items from Karelian pine have a high cost.
Running meter of unpainted furniture from pine costs from 15 to 20 thousand rubles. The price of furniture from pine for antique, white or Karelian, as well as products with fine carvings, exceeds 20 thousand rubles. for 1 m. The design, combined with birch facades, will cost over 35 thousand rubles, and models with oak details – more than 40 thousand rubles.
Variety of pine furniture: pictures and examples of photos
The advantages of pine and the ease of processing of the material make it possible to produce a variety of items not only for the home environment, but also for other premises. Sosnovuyu furniture conditionally divided into several groups:
- Cabinets. The design can have one or more leaflets, the most common are two-leaf models. They are decorated with mirrors, carvings or drawings, varnished or painted in bright colors.
- Chests and pedestals are used mainly for storing laundry and all kinds of small things. Their accommodation is possible in different rooms.
- Sofas are installed in a variety of places, including children’s rooms and living rooms. The furniture intended for reception of visitors, often decorate a carving, decorate with pillows and armrests.
- Beds. The variety of products is dictated mainly by the size and specificity of use. Their width ranges from 80 to 180 cm. Often supplement furniture with drawers for storing laundry. Children’s furniture from pine should have a high degree of smoothness, so the surface is subjected to a thorough grinding. In the list of models should be mentioned double and bunk models, as well as combined sofa beds.
- Kitchen furniture from pine includes buffets, sideboards, and also racks where it is possible to store utensils, kitchen utensils, technics and a heap of the necessary trifles. Furniture can be open and closed.
Pine cabinet: functionality and features of choice
Cabinets made of pine are very popular among lovers of natural furniture. They have an attractive and noble appearance, as well as a variety of stylistic variations that allow you to fit into any style, be it modern, country, hi-tech or classic.
Helpful advice! Resins present in the pine massif are able to protect the room from the spread of fungi and mold. In addition, the material absorbs unpleasant odors and repels parasites.
To cover unpainted pine furniture, a quality safe varnish is usually used, giving the product only a light amber tint. Durability and long service life are the main factors that make pine furniture so popular. In addition, a natural tree is capable of giving home owners a positive energy and positive emotions.
Such furniture has its own subtypes, for example, wardrobes are installed in bedrooms, nurseries, living rooms. Most models have a similar structure: sections for shelves and separately – a crossbeam for trempels. Bookcases with glass doors serve as decoration for living rooms and offices. Pine helps create an optimal microclimate for storing books.
The main types of cabinets are:
- the wardrobe, which is the heir of the chest, has sliding doors on rollers;
- bookcase – an integral part of the classic interior, giving the room a presentable appearance and testifying to the solidity of homeowners;
- Corner cabinets that help to optimize space in small rooms;
- a wardrobe – furniture intended solely for the storage of clothing and linen;
- cupboard-pencil case or swing-out single-leaf – a universal and common type of furniture, is used to store different kinds of things.
Chest of pine: a combination of practicality and style
Pine chests are distinguished by their practicality, style and aesthetics. This is an extremely functional and fairly compact household item that can fit even in small rooms. The naturalness of the material will help to feel the reliability and durability, which has exceptionally high-quality furniture. Especially popular are the models that are distinguished by the originality of the author’s ideas and exquisite exterior decoration.
A pine chest of drawers is usually made of wood shields, thanks to this the design turns out to be quite strong and serves a long time. Decorate the product with quality fittings. Thanks to special covers, the chest can be given a variety of colors or an original pattern. The advantage of the pine chest, in comparison with other types of wood, is its relative ease. It’s easy to rearrange.
The original model is a white chest of pine. The airiness of furniture gives it vintage, and a light natural tree is aristocratic. A special color is furniture from pine for antiquity with an imitation of scuffs, which looks like antiques. Such a chest of drawers will fill the room with a unique aura and coziness.
Helpful advice! White furniture in the style of Provence, which is very popular today, fits perfectly into the interior of small rooms. Bright tone creates a feeling of extra space and sophisticated luxury.
Kitchen from pine: a worthy choice for home and cottages
The very presence of natural materials in the kitchen creates a unique opportunity to plunge into the world of nature without leaving home. And the use of furniture from pine for a summer residence is a creation of a traditional rural direction. Choosing a kitchen from a solid pine, you need to consider the range of style design – for the whole house or purely for this room. After all, the highlight of the village style is simplicity, and classic – aristocracy and grace. These requirements are fully met by wooden furniture.
Furniture for baths and saunas: we equip a rest room with taste
Requirements for the material of manufacture. Design proposals, instructions for self-manufacturing. Rest room in the interior of the bath.
A special sunny shade inherent in pine furniture can be emphasized by grinding and applying varnish. In addition, varnish protects against excessive dirt that is peculiar to the kitchen, and will facilitate its cleaning. The light tone of the pine will give a sense of spaciousness, even in the smallest room.
The choice of pine as the main material for the kitchen set provides for various finishing methods, since this wood species is most pliable in processing. But the table top is better to choose from harder breeds. An excellent option – beech or birch. It should be noted that a natural tree in the kitchen is perfectly combined with a brick, all kinds of stone and tiles. Thus, it is a universal material for kitchen furniture.
To kitchen furniture from pine lasted as long as possible, it is enough to adhere to a number of simple rules:
- Do not put hot items on the table top, it’s better to use special thermal stands;
- Heating devices should be kept at least a distance of half a meter from the wooden parts;
- The humidity of air should not exceed 75%, metal parts must be protected from rust;
- serviceable accessories – a guarantee of quality of facades;
- it is better to restore damaged areas immediately.
Manufacture of furniture by one’s own hands: step by step instruction of chair assembly
About how to assemble furniture yourself, there are many materials not only in the profile literature, but also on the Internet. The easiest option is to use a detailed video lesson, and the simplest process of making a chair or table can be described with a couple of dozen lines. First you need to prepare the material. For a simple model, pine shields 30 mm thick and cant. You also need to take care of the availability of hacksaw, drill, hammer, fugank and plane. The work will bring pleasure, since pine is a material relatively easy even in manual processing.
Helpful advice! The main advantage in the independent manufactureof pine chairs is that you can create a model of the right size and configuration. To do this, you need to make a drawing of furniture yourself.
How to make furniture, the step-by-step instruction will tell:
- Select or create a suitable sketch of furniture. In this version, the model with a curved back is taken.
- Create a drawing of furniture.
- Cutting the material according to the chart, you can make paper templates.
- Making the back legs and back with a jigsaw.
- Chamfering and grinding of blanks.
- Drilling holes for fasteners.
- Collecting the backrest and legs on nagel.
- Cut the backrest pattern with a drill and saw.
- Cutting out the front legs and seat. The algorithm is similar to manufacturing the rear of the structure.
- Assembling a chair with nagel.
- Checking the structure for strength, elimination of defects.
- The final fixation of joints of parts by nails and glue.
- Cover the stool with stain.
- Decoration of the product. You can use a simple lacquer, and if the chair is for the nursery, it is better to take bright atoxy dyes.
- Upholstery seat.
How to make furniture in the old days with your own hands
One of the popular methods of decorating furniture from a solid pine – antique. You can do it yourself using ordinary stain. It was this tool that was widely used for the treatment of wood before the invention of synthetic lacquer. At the same time, despite the wide choice of paint and varnish materials, the popularity of stain remains unchanged, as only it is able to give furniture vintage.
The process itself is quite simple. On the surface of the product, a layer of stain is applied. After the furniture has dried, the treatment is carried out with a small emery (nulevka). After such procedures, a textural pattern appears on the tree. Color stain can be different. The final stage of the treatment is the coating of the wooden product with a colorless varnish. For wide surfaces instead of brushes it is better to use a small roller or cotton swab in the gauze. It is desirable to apply 2-3 varnished layers.
After the varnish has dried, the product will have a beautiful antique look. The method is applicable for different types of furniture, as well as for all types of wood. Such items of inventory look very beautiful, acquiring features of monumentality. At skilled masters sometimes it is difficult to distinguish a finished product from antiques.
Furniture made of pine to order or from the manufacturer: the success of the right choice
Not all consumers perfectly master the carpentry and have the necessary equipment to produce wooden furniture on their own. In this case, the easiest way is to purchase a finished product or a whole set. If you require non-standard dimensions of furniture, it is better to entrust the work to experienced masters.
Important! The moisture content of wood in the boards should not exceed 10%. At inflated rates, ready furniture can lead or it will simply dry up.
Having made a choice in favor of buying a ready-made option, one should adhere to a number of rules.
It is necessary to buy products only from leading manufacturers who have the appropriate certificates. The manufacturers of Belarus guarantee the safety of products. Furniture made of pine, offered by the factory of this country, is distinguished by its ecology, attractive exquisite appearance and, most importantly, democratic price. It should be noted that all Belarusian furniture made of pine is produced exclusively in accordance with GOST and in accordance with European quality standards.
Basic requirements for the finished product:
- Paintwork materials must meet sanitary requirements, which is confirmed by a special conclusion. Optimal option – organic varnishes with polyurethane coating.
- The item of use must harmoniously integrate into the interior and correspond to the general style of the room.
- Optimum thickness of the walls and shelves of the cabinet wooden furniture, in particular cabinets, chests of drawers and shelving, should be 25 cm. Pine details should be no thinner than 20 cm. The strength of the product depends on this index.
- Even before the purchase of furniture, it is necessary to carefully measure all its parameters and assume the place of future location.
Pine furniture: basic rules of care
Proper operation and proper maintenance help to extend the life of any object. With regard to furniture made of pine, a number of special rules should be adhered to:
- regular cleaning of side parts by a dry method;
- wiping working surfaces with a damp sponge and soap solution, followed by wiping dry;
- The scratches appearing on the surface can be polished, and the chips can be masked with special wax;
- place pine furniture away from direct sunlight and heat sources, as pine wood darkens under the influence of ultraviolet rays;
- furniture in the children’s room should be safe, with rounded corners, stable and weighted, which is difficult to move or to overturn.
The high demand for pine furniture is justified by its qualitative characteristics, which are set forth in this article. The advantages of this material include universality, since such furniture is suitable for rooms with different style design. The material is environmentally friendly, which makes it possible to use it for children’s rooms, and it is also suitable for people with allergies. The cost of pine is comparatively lower than other wooden analogues, and the softness and suppleness of the material makes it possible to make various household items on its own.
Want to become a better landlord or tenant?
Subscribe to our mailing list and get exclusive updates to your inbox!
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.